Unless you’re carving up a holiday meal, you don’t want to hear the term “turkey neck.” This unflattering expression means your neck has lost its firm tone and suffers from wrinkles and sagging. Since we’re heading into summer, not Thanksgiving, let’s cover some ways you can avoid hearing that phrase, with the best methods on how to remove neck wrinkles.
Don’t worry. It’s a long list, but you don’t have to complete every item every day. We’re about quick, easy fixes that allow you to enjoy your summer and still look and feel your best. Apply the ones that match your skin type, needs and lifestyle. You’ll rejuvenate your neck – and still have time to take the kids to the pool.
We all know exercise is good for the body. But, did you know there are specific exercises you can do to strengthen your neck muscles? And…when you tighten these muscles, you reduce neck wrinkles. Here are five simple exercises you can learn that will teach you how to remove neck wrinkles.
- Fish Out of Water: Point your chin toward the ceiling. Extend your lower lip out and up to cover your upper lip, while tightening the muscles of your neck (like you are a fish out of water, gulping air). Repeat 10 times, relax, then repeat the process five times.
- Tongue Push: With your mouth closed, point your chin up. Press your tongue into the roof of your mouth while flexing your neck muscles. Keep the pressure on your tongue while you pull your chin down toward your chest. Repeat 10 times.
- Head Rolls: Lay on the floor. Tilt your head back, pointing your chin to the ceiling. While tilted, turn your head left and right. Hold each position for five seconds, relax and repeat.
- Curley Ques: Circle your tongue inside your mouth to the right. Repeat 20 times, then circle it to the left 20 times.
- Kissy Face: Purse your lips as far forward as you can, while extending your chin forward until your neck muscles tighten. Hold for ten seconds. Repeat five times.
Water is essential for proper skin hydration. Dehydrated skin symptoms occur when you don’t consume enough of it. Drinking plenty of water will help prevent these symptoms, including neck wrinkles. Experts generally recommend drinking six to eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day. However, if you do activities that cause you to sweat, such as exercise, playing at the beach, or other outdoor summer fun, you probably need to increase this amount.
Even if you drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin from within, your neck may need some extra help on the exterior. The skin on your neck is thinner than the skin on your face, so it is more susceptible to sun and wind damage. It also heals slower. Applying a natural, anti-aging moisturizer will do the trick. This neck cream will keep your skin moist and smooth – exactly what you need if you’re looking for answers on how to remove neck wrinkles. Combine this daily application with anti-wrinkle eye contour cream for a total facial regimen that keeps your skin young and vibrant.
This may not sound healthy by name, but it’s an important part of your diet if you are learning how to remove neck wrinkles. Ensure your daily intake includes Omega 3 fatty acids. This helps your skin regenerate collagen, which rebuilds cells and removes old ones. In other words, it prevents neck wrinkles. Great sources of fatty acids include walnuts, flaxseeds, canola oil, herring, and salmon.
If you’re looking for some natural solutions for how to remove neck wrinkles, several home-made masks are ideal. Try applying one of these at least three times per week. The powerful ingredients in these masks hydrate your skin, help it recover from daily damage and help your neck remain tight and youthful.
- Pineapple and papaya: Make a thick paste of papaya and pineapple. Apply it to your neck in upward strokes. Leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with water. These tropical fruits contain enzymes that help remove dead cells, neutralize damaging free radicals and slow down the aging process.
- Almond & coconut milk: Create a mixture of four or five grinded almonds with coconut milk. Apply to your neck and leave until it dries – about 15 minutes. Rinse with water. This provides a healthy mixture of vitamin E, which is great for your skin to remove neck wrinkles.
- Banana & honey: This sticky paste is made of ingredients that are rich in antioxidants and anti-aging elements. Applied at least three times a week, this mask is effective for removing neck wrinkles.
- Yogurt & olive oil: Regular applications of yogurt and olive oil provide the hydration and anti-aging properties your neck needs. If you don’t have olive oil on hand, you can simply use yogurt. Its ingredients help keep your skin smooth and supple.
- Cabbage & honey: Mix cabbage juice with honey to create a rejuvenating mask. The cabbage exfoliates your skin to remove dead cells and tightens your neck with its anti-aging elements. Apply daily for the best results.
Yes, it’s important to get enough sleep. For most adults, that’s seven to nine hours a night. Getting the right amount of rest gives your body the time it needs to rejuvenate, so your skin remains youthful longer. It can recover better from the effects of sun, wind and other environmental exposures, so you are less likely to experience neck wrinkles.
In addition to getting enough sleep, it is helpful to sleep in the best position. Side-sleeping can lead to neck wrinkles. The pressure of your skin against the pillow can cause fine to deep lines. If you are seeking solutions for how to remove neck wrinkles, try sleeping on your back.
More Anti-Aging Solutions to Remove Neck Wrinkles
Are you looking for more tips on how to remove neck wrinkles? A Complete offers a full daily skin care routine of youth-preserving products to keep your face, eyes and neck wrinkle-free. Our mission is to provide you with the resources you need for A Complete solution that meets all your everyday anti-aging needs.