When winter weather makes the air frigid and less easy to breathe, you know that it’s more than likely also sucking the moisture out of your skin. That’s why cold air, coupled with dry indoor heat requires piling on more moisturizer to feed your skin what it needs the most. According to many skincare dermatologists, this time of year calls for an extra layer of moisture. Antibacterial soaps and scrubs often leave your skin dry, cracked and itchy.
Here are a few tips to maintain soft, supple skin in the winter.
- Moisturize in the AM and PM. Your skin is prone to dryness when the heat is on blast, so make sure to prep your skin with A Complete’s Highly Concentrate Youth Preserve Serum. The oil-free lightweight serum is designed to help eliminate wrinkles and also works well when paired with a moisturizer of your choice or better if paired with A Complete's Facial Youth Moisturizing Cream.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Of course, hot water feels good on your skin after a day long of commuting, but too much can cause flaky, dry skin. Add cold water to the temperature to help restore and prolong the moisture. If you must use hot water, add a few seconds of cool water to close your pores before applying a moisturizer.
- Scale back on exfoliating scrubs. Sometimes scrubs can damage your skin complexion even though its aim is to get rid of the dead skin. If you’re prone to whiteheads and other gunk on your skin, scale back your exfoliating to once every two weeks. Use a cotton washcloth to remove makeup and deep clean your skin. Luckily, A Complete’s Deep Cleanser can also double as a lightweight mask if applied on damp skin and for 3 minutes or so.
- Invest in a face steamer or humidifier. The latest in skincare accessory includes a fancy steamer tool that helps keep your skin glowing all season long. It comes with a $100 price tag but is perfect to for those mini facial days on snow days from the comfort of your home.
- Take supplements. It’s no secret that our Beauty Concentrate Supplement for Skin Care provide moisture from within as one of the main ingredients is vitamin E.
Want long lasting skin from the inside out, use our 5 step skincare regimen for optimal results, only $98!