You’ve heard it all in the past. Eat right. Exercise. Do this. Don’t do that. Basically, give up everything you love, and you’ll look and feel better. This sounds appealing to…no one.
Is this really the only way to keep your body young and vibrant? Are you doomed to a diet of bland meals and powdery supplements? The good news is – no, you aren’t. You can enjoy a diet of colorful foods that keep your pallet pleased, and your skin looking youthful and healthy.
The key word here is ‘colorful.’ To maintain your youth, choose foods that are naturally packed with the nutrients you need. A complete rainbow of these natural skincare nutricosmetics support your skin’s structure, and prevent the breakdown that would occur with age. By combining a full spectrum of skincare nutricosmetics, you can maximize their anti-aging benefits.
Think about a rainbow of foods when creating snacks and meals. These will promote a youthful skin:
- Tomatoes and watermelon provide lycopene, which acts as natural sunblock, preventing sun spots, dryness and wrinkles.
- Red peppers and guava are both rich sources of vitamin C, which helps build collagen. (Collagen keeps skin strong and smooth.)
- Pomegranate seeds contain ellagic acid and punicalagin, which preserve the collagen in your skin.
- Oranges hydrate your skin and infuse it with vitamin C, keeping your skin supple.
- Wheat germ is packed with anti-aging benefits. It is a rich source of zinc, which aids in new skin-cell production. Research has shown it prevents eczema and reduces acne.
- Mangos are an amazing source of vitamin C, which is essential for youthful skin.
- Fennel, a Mediterranean herb, is a great anti-inflammatory that keeps your scalp moisturized.
- Cucumbers are high in water content, which keeps your skin moisturized. The silica in the peel helps reduce wrinkles.
- Avocados provide healthy fat, which keeps your skin hydrated.
- Romaine lettuce is rich in vitamin A, which revitalizes your skin by encouraging new skin-cell growth.
- Brussel sprouts help build collagen and fight free radicals with a rich supply of vitamin C.
- Blueberries infuse your body with antioxidants, which fight the free radicals that cause wrinkles.
- Grapes provide resveratrol in their skin. This counters inflammation and may fight the effects of UV light and sun damage.
The Pot of Gold
By painting your plate with these colorful foods, you’ll enjoy the rich nutrients your body needs to remain healthy and youthful. To enhance the effects of these skincare nutricosmetics, combine your colorful diet with A Complete anti-aging skincare kit that takes advantage of highly concentrated, Mediterranean Diet-inspired formulas.
Like this post? Subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date with our beauty celebration!
The post Eat Right, Look Younger: A Guide to Anti-Aging Foods appeared first on A Complete.