Let’s talk about your neglected neck. If you’re like most of us, you spend a great deal of time caring for your face, but give little attention to the skin just below it. Take a wider look in the mirror. Your neck needs TLC too! If you haven’t been properly caring for this sensitive skin, you may be suffering from dark patches, wrinkles or other blemishes. Don’t worry. It’s not too late. You can practice 15 simple home remedies for getting rid of dark neck right in your own kitchen.
Quick and easy to use, these home remedies will lighten, brighten and revive your neck. You’ll no longer want to cover up with turtlenecks and collars.
Apply these home remedies for reducing dark neck so you can finally have the confidence to proudly show off your beautiful necklaces and wear what you want.
- Baking Soda: We all know baking soda has dozens of uses. But, did you know it’s one of the top home remedies for getting rid of dark neck? It works by removing the dull layer of dead skin from your neck. It also promotes circulation and nourishes your skin.
How to use: Combine baking soda and water to create a smooth paste. Apply the paste to your neck and let it dry. Scrub off with moistened fingers, then rise with water. Repeat daily.
- Potato: That’s right, this yummy starch makes more than French fries. Potato juice is great for lightening and brightening the skin on your neck, due to its bleaching properties.
How to use: Grate one small potato and squeeze to extract the juice. Apply the juice to your neck and let it dry for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Repeat daily.
- Bananas: Yes, you can go bananas over your neck. It’s healthy! As a rich source of anti-oxidants, bananas make great home remedies for getting rid of dark neck.
How to use: Simply mash a banana into a pulp. Mix it with a tablespoon of olive oil. Then, apply the mixture to your neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then wash off with water. Repeat daily.
- Apple cider vinegar: This ingredient contains malic acid. This makes apple cider vinegar a great tool for balancing the pH of your skin, to restore a healthy glow. It also makes it an effective exfoliator, to remove dead skin cells that make your neck dark and dull.
How to use: Combine two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with four tablespoons of water to create a diluted solution. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rise. Repeat every other day.
- Oatmeal: It makes a hearty breakfast…and an effective neck scrub. Oats properly exfoliate your neck. They cleanse and moisturize, helping rid your neck of dryness and darkening of the skin.
How to use: Grind ¼ cup oats into a coarse powder. Mix with one tablespoon of tomato juice and enough olive oil to achieve a thick paste. Apply the mixture to your neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Scrub with moistened fingertips to remove, then rinse with cold water. Repeat two times each week.
- Strawberries & papayas: Together, these fruits create an effective fruit mask that is one of the best home remedies for getting rid of dark neck. Both are rich in the vitamins and minerals your neck needs to remain healthy. Plus, the papain enzyme found in papaya is a great exfoliator, and the antioxidants in strawberries help repair damaged skin.
How to use: Crush two strawberries. Mash papaya to create two tablespoons of pulp. Combine the two and apply the mixture to your neck. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse with water. Repeat once or twice each week.
- Orange peel: If you’re searching for the top home remedies for getting rid of dark neck, try combining dried orange peel and milk. Oranges are powerhouses of vitamin C and antioxidants. They are also bleaching agents. Milk is a natural cleanser that gives skin a healthy glow.
How to use: Dry an orange peel. Grind the peel and combine the powder with enough milk to create a paste. Apply the mask to your neck and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash off with water. Repeat once a week.
- Almond oil: This oil is packed with vitamin E, a natural skin rejuvenator. It also contains a natural bleaching agent to reduce dark neck.
How to use: Massage your neck for about 10 minutes with a few drops of almond oil. Use circular motions. Rinse with lukewarm water when finished. Repeat daily.
- Yogurt: This dairy product is rich in natural enzymes that lighten skin, making it one of the ideal home remedies for getting rid of dark neck. Yogurt also contains healthy fats which nourish your skin to make it smooth.
How to use: Combine two tablespoons of yogurt with one teaspoon of lemon juice. (Lemon juice also lightens skin.) Apply this mixture to your neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with water. Repeat daily.
- Shea butter: A natural source of vitamin E and vitamin A, shea butter helps with depigmentation, hydration, and skin nourishment. It also contains healthy fatty acids that keep your skin soft and supple.
How to use: Massage your neck for three minutes with a small amount of shea butter. Do not rinse. Repeat each night before bed.
- Tomato: One of the most diverse foods for cooking, tomatoes are also great home remedies for getting rid of dark neck. They exfoliate as well as lighten your skin color.
How to use: Blend a tomato into a smooth puree. Add a teaspoon of honey. Apply the mixture to your skin and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with water. Repeat once or twice a week.
- Cucumber: Cool and soothing, cucumber exfoliates your neck to give it a natural glow. As it removes the dull layer of skin cells, it reveals fresh, youthful skin below.
How to use: Soak a cotton ball with cucumber juice and apply to your neck. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with water. Repeat daily.
- Chickpeas: While popular in hummus form, chickpeas also make great home remedies for getting rid of dark neck. They act as an effective scrubber to cleanse skin and remove the darkness on your neck.
How to use: Combine one tablespoon chickpea flour with a pinch of turmeric and enough water to make a paste. Apply to your neck and leave on until it dries (about 30 minutes). Wash off with lukewarm water. Repeat once or twice each week.
- Aloe: One of nature’s most potent skin products, aloe vera lightens the skin and reduces discoloration.
How to use: Extract the gel from an aloe leaf. Massage the gel onto your neck and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with water. Repeat daily.
- Rosewater: Used alone, rosewater lightens your complexion. Combined with other ingredients, it becomes one of the best home remedies for getting rid of dark neck.
How to use: Add rosewater to walnut powder, rice powder or orange peel powder to create an effective exfoliator. Mix rosewater with lemon juice or honey to create a powerful mask. Add rosewater to potato, tomato or cucumber juice to achieve additional skin-whitening results.
Want more tips
Are you also struggling with neck wrinkles? Discover more tips for proper neck care here.